There are many things to consider when deciding whether to buy or to build a new home. Even though building your dream house may seem a lot more difficult than looking for a home that is already built, it can actually be very rewarding.
Pros for Building a new home:
- You can customize your new home to meet the needs of your family. You can feel free to add an exercise room, a home office, or surround sound.
- Your home may be more resalable in the future because of the modern customizations.
- Your home will have the most up to date building codes and materials, therefore it may be more resalable down the line.
- You can hire a professional to oversee the day to day issues of building a new home.
- And, keep in mind, when building a modular home, the move in time line could be the same as buying a new home. With modular construction, you could be in your new home in a couple months.
- If you already love your neighborhood and schools, but just need more space, why move? Build your new home in the environment you already love.
- With a newly constructed modular home, you know you will have a more energy efficient home that any home you would buy.
- With your home buying budget, you can build a home built with the floor plan you want and need.
- When buying a new home, you are also stuck with the problems you bought in the home unless you spend money and time fixing them.
- If you buy a home planning to renovate in the future, you have to pull permits and live in the mess until you get it done.