You’re an educated consumer, have considered all options regarding the purchase of your new home, and have decided to build your dream home of custom modular construction. Congratulations! When considering purchasing a modular home, one of the first things you'll need to evaluate is the type of land you'll be putting the home on. Modular home construction
offers a wide variety of building options
, and often those options are influenced (if not dictated) by the land that the home will be built upon. Therefore, it's always best to close on your lot before engaging the home construction decision making process. In this blog post, we'll provide you with some tips on the land search and selection process.
- Contact a real estate agent in the area where you are interested in putting your modular home. Explain to the agency what you intend to do and give them an idea of the kind of land for which you're looking.
- Visit the various properties that your real estate agent has found. It's vital that you visit each property in person to get a true idea about the property. There are several things to keep in mind while viewing properties, such as access to power, sewer and water. If you are not happy with any of the available choices, check with another real estate office.
- Discuss the local building codes and other laws that may affect the home and land you are about to buy.
- Talk to your real estate agent about the various properties. Go over the pros and cons of each parcel or lot. If you have any questions about a particular piece of property, ask. Double check with your agent about mineral and water rights because in some states these rights do not necessarily go with the purchase of the land.
- Decide on the land you want to purchase. The piece of property you decide on should have as many of the things you wanted as possible for the local area. If you are not satisfied with any of the choices, don't buy.
- Contact us to order your dream home. Now that you have the land for it, you will know much more about what options you want on your modular home. Choose options that best suit the land you have purchased and avoid options that will not add anything to the home.
we want to make sure that you have all the essential tools for acquiring your dream home. Whether it be tips on what modular homes are to helping you choose which modular plan you'd like to purchase. Yes we make modular home buying
easier for you which is why we want to give you a brief blog post about buying the best land for your home.